Monday, November 7, 2011

Fall is in the air



It’s that perfect time of the year. The days are warm, but not HOT. The nights are cool enough to wear a sweater or jacket, but not FREEZING. I love the smell of leaves burning, how coffee shops have specials like pumpkin spice latte and peppermint mocha, having sweet potato pie for dessert, and I love riding by trees and just gazing in awe of the magnificent colors of the changing leaves. 


I have found that listening to Christmas music makes fall even more enjoyable :) 


Fall inspired show off time….


This leaf caught my eye yesterday....
(For some reason it's not loading as bright as the leaf really is. If you click on the picture it will show you the true color)






it has inspired me to paint this dresser...






Stay tuned to see how it turns out :)




This is a fall/nature inspired centerpiece I did for a wedding shower…








I searched for the perfect pink flowers and couldn’t find them anywhere. They were all either too big or too light pink. I was so glad to find a pink mum the day before the shower. It was the perfect size and color :)


The vases were made a little more elegant by gluing some glass candle holders to the bottom.


Some of the pine cones were a little too full to fit, but I found out if you soak them in water they shrink up and get skinny. Can you imagine if it was that easy for people to lose weight? I can hear the commercial now.. “ Wanting to fit in those jeans again… your only a 30 minute soak away.” I don’t know how long it took but after a month I noticed they went back to their original size.


I went on a stemmed glass hunt at a thrift store (or 3) and found all these different textures.


Don’t you just love that tree stump!


I really wish I would take better pictures. It was so much prettier in person.





I found these glass leaves at a yard sale for $1.00. I love their blue color… they are just so cute :)



















Thanks for stopping by :)









Saved by Suzy

http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Chic on a Shoestring DecoratingThe DIY Show Offshabby creek cottage



































3 comments:

  1. I love your fall/nature inspired centerpiece. I think I may copy you and do something like it for Christmas. I am your newest follower. Please follow me back and be entered into a drawing for a driftwood sailboat...made by me. Looking forward to hearing from you. Sherron
    http://smallholdings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice centerpieces and decor. Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!


    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! It's like a fall fairy wonderland! Love it! Thanks so much for sharing! ;)

    ReplyDelete