Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Washstand Makeover

There it was... boring, outdated, longing to feel youthful again. I noticed it, but I told myselfI have enough stuff.” It only took about 30 minutes before I had to go back to that yard sale. I was hoping they still had it!  I’m sure the excitement on my face was obvious as I was showing it off to some friends, but they didn’t seem as excited… WHAT!! 

Before


 I have to admit I hated the heart shaped drawer. I thought about the ways I could cover up that eyesore. And the drawer pulls… I liked their vintage country feel, but thought about updating them….

I took the wire off and spray painted them white…. I hate using spray paint… in my eyes it’s just so wasteful, but at times... so useful.

Originally I painted it yellow…. but that wasn’t working!! Yuck!!

The hardware stayed original. I liked the way it looked after I found the RIGHT paint color. And that heart shaped drawer…. I ended up liking it too.

After some distressing and putting it back together I took a step back to take a look….
I LOVE IT!!!
After





What do you think?

The color in the picture is a little more bright than in person. I thought about painting the inside or putting some fabric behind the wire, but decided I like the natural look shining through.


 The horn part also comes off, so I can use it without that if needed :)



 This green/blue color was a mess up paint, so it was discounted :) I had to retire the color because it has been used way too much in our house… It’s just perfect for everything, hehe. 




This project was around $15.00 and that makes me SMILE :)     



I'm linking this post up to:


Saved by Suzy

6 comments:

  1. This turned out great! The color is so pretty. Thanks for sharing at my House Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that color! it is such a cute little piece now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't ever get enough of turquoise...beautiful change up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turquoise is my new favorite color. Great price and beautiful transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OHHHH WOW! I love this! Thanks for sharing at the Once Upon A Weekend LInk-up.

    Kate of www.avery-anderson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. $15.00 always makes me smile too. I love the colour choice and it looks great with or without horns :)

    ReplyDelete