Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Tables With The Winding Legs

I am SO excited about my new-to-me end tables/nightstands. 

I did a drive by at a yard sale… you know where you go really slow searching for something you may like? Well, I found 2 end tables and I loved their winding legs  : )  


 When I asked how much they wanted for the pair she told me they were only for displaying things…. Not for sale : ( 
As I was leaving her mom came out and asked what I would give for them. 
I asked what she would want for them... 
She hesitated and said $5.00?   
YES PLEASE!! 
As I was going to my car to get the money I had this feeling she was getting gypped…I put her on the spot... you just have to know me. So I gave her $7.00.  LOL
I took them home and put them on the carport… My husband loves it when I bring home more stuff…hehe
I didn’t know what I wanted to do with them so they sat around for about a month until one day I saw a post about homemade chalk paint over at Liz Marie.
 What made me excited about this paint is you don’t have to use primer. I hate primer! Cleaning the brush after use is no fun!!
I mixed it up… eyeballing the measurements for a cup of paint and then stirred in the grout. It covered pretty good. I painted 2 coats. A couple of spots bled through the top so I painted 1 more thin coat. I love the chalky texture of this paint… I will be using it on everything.
 After they were dry I liked them, but something was missing….


I tried distressing...  but it still didn't feel complete.

So, I tried a little antiquing….  I wasn't liking that!!

I love green and in our bedroom I use green, so, I painted some green on the legs, let that dry, and distressed… I love the distressed look!
Time for the big reveal…..
It’s perfect! At least they are to me : )
I L-O-V-E these tables!



And those lamps... at one time they looked like this…     
  Gasp! Yuck! 
I painted the shades green
and I spray painted the base silver.
  This will look great in our bedroom, if I do say so myself : )  

Thanks for taking time to check this out : )





shabby creek cottage
Saved by Suzy










10 comments:

  1. I ordered fully black colur of furniture from our nearest shop. The curve shape in border is one of the popular design in current market. I will share my furniture snaps soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks for linking to Things I've Done Thursday!

    Melanie
    Sew Rugged @ bear rabbit bear
    bearrabbitbear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a transformation, love the touchess of green on the legs and the painted green shade. My baking soda homemade chalk paint was hard to distress. Looks like the grout mixture distressed easily, will have to try it next time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them! The green is so cute! New Follower! Shay

    ReplyDelete
  5. These came out great! What a good deal too. They look really good with the green lamps too. I am a new follower visiting from Sew Crafty Tuesday. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tables! You got them at such a great price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I love searching for great deals.

      Delete
  7. Thank you Dawn for stopping by to enter my Dayspring giveaway!!! I love how you accented the tables with the green paint!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,This tables looks with designing legs are look so beautiful and wonderful.I really like this blog.


    lyrics to songs

    ReplyDelete